The Best Things to Do In Nantucket Are Just OutsideThe Island of Nantucket is a breathtaking destination with amazing things to do and experience. Walk to breathtaking beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to swim, surf, and soak up the sunshine. Enjoy boating, sailing, fishing, and kayaking in the the calm waters of Nantucket Bay. Enjoy endless outdoor activities, like whale watching, golf, biking, hiking, bird watching, and surfcasting. Explore historic lighthouses, enjoy shopping, dining and sightseeing in Nantucket Town, or tour unique Nantucket attractions like the Whaling Museum. The history, charm, and natural beauty of Nantucket is all around us. Embrace island life at The Wauwinet.
Ferry Service and Getting Around NantucketRegular ferry service is available from Hyannis, Massachusetts with the Steam Ship Authority and Hy-Line Cruises. Wauwinet guests enjoy a regularly scheduled shuttle service to and from the Hy-Line Ferry, New ferry service is also available with SeaStreak to and from Nantucket between New Bedford, New Jersey and New York City. We also offer van service to the ferries with reservations. The Wauwinet also offers complimentary mountain bikes for island excursions, as well as sailboats and kayaks for exploring beautiful Nantucket Bay.
CapeFLyer Trains from Boston to HyannisThe CapeFLyer train service runs from South Station in Boston to the Hyannis Transportation Center from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Trains depart from South Station on Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings, and trains depart from Hyannis on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Travel time is two hours.
Nantucket Attractions & Sights
- TOPPER'S Restaurant - 0 Mile
- Coskata-Coatue Wildlife Refuge - 4.2 Miles
- Great Point Lighthouse - 4.2 Miles
- Shipwreck & Lifesaving Museum - 4.5 Miles
- Sankaty Lighthouse - 5.4 Miles
- Siasconset Village - 5.5 Miles
- ‘Sconset Bluff Walk - 5.5 Miles
- Nantucket Lightship Basket Musuem - 8.0 Miles
- Shearwater Excursions Whale Watch/Seal Cruise - 8.2 Miles
- Nantucket Boat Basin - 8.3 Miles
- Nantucket Lightship - 8.3 Miles
- Nantucket Whaling Museum - 8.6 Miles
- Maria Mitchell Association - 8.6 Miles
- Barton & Gray Mariner's Club - 8.6 Miles
- Brant Point Lighthouse - 8.9 Miles
- Jetties Beach - 9.3 Miles
- Cisco Brewery & Nantucket Vineyards - 10.1 Miles
- Bartlett's Farm - 10.3 Miles
- Madaket Beach - 13.3 Miles