Luxury Waterfront Accommodations on Nantucket Bay
Escape to a charming coastal retreat on the northeast end of Nantucket Island. Located between the Atlantic Ocean and Nantucket Bay, our historic boutique hotel features 32 luxury guest rooms, suites, and four charming cottages across from the main hotel. Recently refreshed and renovated, The Wauwinet is the perfect escape with all delights of Nantucket Town a short distance away.
Guest Bedroom, Queen Bed
Guest Bedroom, Two Twin Beds
Bayview Room, Queen Bed
Bayview Room, Queen Bed ADA Accessible
SUPERIOR TWO QUEENS
DELUXE BAYVIEW BEDROOMS
Willet, Cottage Room
Beachplum, Cottage Suite
Idlewild, Cottage Suite
Haulover, Cottage Suite
Located across from the resort's main Inn on a beautifully landscaped courtyard, Anchorage House features three bedrooms and three bathrooms - perfect for families and groups up to 6. Designed with sleek wood floors and contemporary décor, Anchorage House offers an open living and dining area with a fireplace, sofas, a pantry and a small office. The kitchen is outfitted with convenient appliances, cookware and a raised eat-in bar with two chairs. All three bedrooms and the living room feature LCD flat-screen TVs and every comfort of home. Relax with drinks on the furnished deck or enjoy dinner with friends on the umbrella-shaded patio table on the lawn. And when you want to explore Nantucket or soak up the sunshine, the beautiful beaches on the Atlantic Ocean and Nantucket Bay are steps away. Anchorage House has recently been added to Elite Traveler's 2024 list of The World's Finest Suites
- Room, Suite and Cottage Amenities
- HDTV with premium channels
- BOSE radio with iPhone charger
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Luxurious aromatherapy bath products
- Fine Italian linens
- Fresh Nantucket wildflowers
- Personalized Wauwinet stationery
- Custom furnishings
- Daily housekeeping with evening turndown
- In-room safe
- Ironing board
- Individual climate control
- Comfortable cotton bathrobes and slippers
- Ceiling fans
- Reservation Policies & Guidelines
The Wauwinet is a non-smoking inn. The inn caters to guests 12 and over. If you have a child 12 and under, please consider the Jared Coffin House, White Elephant and The Cottages at Nantucket Boat Basin. Pets are not permitted.
Quotes are for single- or double- occupancy and may change without notice. Rates are subject to an 11.7% tax, which includes both state and local occupancy taxes.
A minimum stay may be required. Prepayment is required and cancelation penalties apply. All deposits are refundable up to 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date, less 10% of deposit.Within 30 days of arrival, the deposit is 100% non-refundable.
We accept most major credit cards. Vacancies caused by early departures are considered cancelations and full payment of reserved stay is expected.
- Accessible Guest Room Features
- Visual strobe fire/smoke detector
- Audible fire/smoke detectors
- Phone has TTY or TTD capabilities
- TV has closed-captioning or decoders
- Viewports are lowered on the door
- Light switches are lowered on the wall
- Closet bars & shelves sit higher than 36 inches above ground
- Accessible shelving is 36 inches above ground
- Grab bars at the toilet
- Grab bars in the shower and/or tub
- Hearing and visual accessibility kits for guest rooms are available at check-in
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible faucet controls
- Handheld spray unit in the shower and/or tub
- Shower seat
- Accessible toe & knee clearance around the desk (Queen Accessible Bay View Superior with Roll-In Shower)
- Accessible toe & knee clearance around the sink/vanity
- Doorway width: 36 inches
- Accessible path between and/or around beds
- Door lock system: Saflok lever
- View All Our Accessible Amenities
Ask Our Travel Concierge
Got more questions?CONTACT US
- Are hotel rooms and suites close to the Nantucket beaches? The Wauwinet’s accommodations are within walking distance of the sandy beaches and the Atlantic Ocean, where you can swim, surf, and soak up the sun. Enjoy boating, sailing, fishing, paddleboarding, and kayaking in the calm waters of Nantucket Bay, steps away.
Learn More for Are hotel rooms and suites close to the Nantucket beaches?
- Does The Wauwinet offer group accommodations? Yes. The Anchorage House at The Wauwinet accommodates up to 6 people. This charming three-bedroom home features an open living room and dining area, a fully-equipped kitchen, and a furnished deck with beautiful views. This private house is ideal for families and groups looking for a private oceanfront retreat on Nantucket Island.
Learn More for Does The Wauwinet offer group accommodations?
- Does the hotel offer rooms for families? Yes. Anchorage House features two floors with a master bedroom and two smaller rooms and three bathrooms to accommodate 6 guests. It has an open plan living and dining space, with an outdoor dining area. The Anchorage House is a charming retreat for families, bridal parties, event groups and corporate teams.
Learn More for Does the hotel offer rooms for families?
- Does the hotel offer room service? The Wauwinet offers in-room dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, from 8:30am - 10:30am and 12:00pm - 9:00pm. Enjoy all-day dining in the privacy of your room, suite or cottage with your favorite foods from TOPPER’s, from breakfast sandwiches to burgers, salads and lobster rolls. Our room service menus also offer beer, wine and cocktails.
Learn More for Does the hotel offer room service?